Sunday, April 6, 2014

Awkward Cramps

Have you ever had one of those cramps where all of a sudden the entire back side of your leg stiffens up with intense pain? If you've had one, you probably know exactly what I am referring to! When I was younger, I would often get them during basketball tournaments and now sometimes from running. During exercise, there are hints that it's coming but it usually doesn't. It waits until you forget about it, like in the car on the way home, sitting at the dinner table, or in your sleep, and then BAM! It feels like Dr. Ho just snuck one of his gizmos on your leg and turned it on EXTRA HIGH.

I was in an interview this week, sitting at a desk with the interviewer/hiring manager. I felt it coming. I've heard that if you put your foot flat on the ground it will go away. Not working...still coming...then BAM! DR HO!!!! Of all the times in the world to get a cramp, this was definitely my most awkward one ever. I wish I could see a replay of the whole thing. Did she notice? I'm still waiting to hear back from her!

This is NOT why I run.

Look who I found at mile 8!

Cherry Blossom 10 Miler Race Recap

This morning was the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler in Washington, DC. Being held during the National Cherry Blossom Festival, this race goes around most of the monuments and is a great way to see the cherry blossoms lining the tidal basin. The trees are blossoming a little late this year but we did get a sneak peek. Although it was a little chilly, the sun was out and the wind was down, which made for perfect running conditions.

I hadn't done a 10 mile race before so any finishing time was going to be a personal best. Nevertheless, I ran a solid race and was happy with my time of 1:07:49 (6:46/mile pace)! As an added bonus, I met a beautiful young lady at around mile 8, who was just coming out of a porta potty. She kept me company for the rest of race. Thank you! 

My goal is to one day finish another race with her, but this time she won't have to slow down or stop for me to catch her.

This is why I run.

Rockville =PR= DTP Group after Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Race

No comments:

Post a Comment